QUEST MOBILE DEPOSIT IS A FEATURE WITHIN THE FREE QUEST MOBILE APP.
Availability — Mobile Deposit is available within the Quest Mobile App for select Samsung Android devices (4.0+), iPhones (iOS 4.3+), and iPads with a camera (iPad 2+) running iOS 5+. Must be Quest member for 90 days, exceptions may apply.
Download — Visit your mobile device’s app store and search for Quest Credit Union, or visit the Account Access page.
Update — If you already have the Quest Mobile App, update it with the most recent version.
Try it out! Sign on to your Quest Mobile App and follow these simple steps:
- Under the Accounts tab, select the “Deposit Check” link (Apple devices) or the camera image (Android devices).
- Choose the Quest account that you want to deposit your check into.
- Enter the check amount.
- Enter your preferred e-mail address. (This will auto-fill for future deposits.)
- Click on “Capture Front” and “Capture Back” to take a picture of each side of the endorsed check. Images are stored securely within the app, not on your phone. For best results, follow these guidelines:
- Place your check on a dark-colored, plain surface that is well lit.
- Position your camera directly over the check (not at an angle).
- Fit all 4 corners in the guides of your mobile device’s camera screen.
- Click “Deposit Check” to submit your deposit.
- You will receive a confirmation message on your mobile device for each successful deposit. In addition, Quest will send a deposit confirmation to your e-mail as well as your Online Banking secure mailbox.
With Quest’s Mobile Deposit you can make a deposit directly into your eligible Quest checking or savings account using the Quest Mobile App on supported Apple and Android devices.* Mobile Deposit allows you to submit photos of the front and back of an endorsed check. Your deposit is safe, and you can save time with fewer trips to your local Quest Center.
At Quest, we use advanced encryption and security technology:
- Your online banking credentials are not stored on your mobile device.
- Check images are not stored on your mobile device.
- You view accounts by the names you have given them, not by account numbers.
- 128-bit encryption masks your sensitive information.
- For additional security, always sign off when you finish using the Quest Mobile App.
Each check is considered a separate deposit. You can make multiple deposits in a single mobile session. There is a standard limit of five (5) checks per day with a maximum total of $1,500 per day. Limit 10 deposits with a maximum total of $5,000 per month. However, exceptions may apply. Contact Quest for details.
You can deposit checks payable in U.S. dollars and drawn at any U.S. bank, including personal, business, and government checks. They must be payable to, and endorsed by, the account holder.
International checks, U.S. savings bonds, U.S. postal money orders, remotely created checks (whether in paper form or electronically created), convenience checks (checks drawn against a line of credit), and cash are not eligible for Mobile Deposit.
Mobile deposited funds are available on the next business day after the day of your deposit, unless a hold is applied. See “Holds” section.
FOR DEPOSITS MADE
FUNDS ARE GENERALLY AVAILABLE
Before 4:30 p.m. Central Time business days
On the same day or on the next day after the day of your deposit
After 4:30 p.m. Central Time business days
On the next business day after the day of your deposit
On the 2nd business day after the day of your deposit
For example, if you make a deposit before the cut-off time on a Monday funds are generally available on Tuesday. If you make a deposit after the cut-off time on a Friday, funds are typically available on the following Tuesday. Business days are Monday through Friday except holidays.
You will know that your deposit is available when the amount appears in the available balance of the account you selected when you submitted your mobile deposit.
Funds are available as detailed above, unless a hold is applied. If a deposit is held (or a hold is applied), funds are posted to your account but are not immediately available to cover debits or withdrawals.
Common reasons include:
- Large deposit amount
- Frequent overdrafts
- Deposited check returned unpaid
- Indications a deposited check may not be paid
If a hold has been applied to any portion of your deposit, you will receive a message on your mobile device, including when funds will be available, prior to submitting your deposit. You may choose to cancel your deposit at this time. If you continue and submit your mobile deposit, you will receive information about the hold in the confirmation e-mail sent to your primary e-mail address and secure inbox.
If a problem arises with your deposit, such as a returned check, Quest will send a written alert to your primary address by U.S. mail.
After depositing your check using Mobile Deposit, please follow these best practice guidelines:
- Write VOID on the front of your check. (You may wish to add a message such as “mobile deposited on [date].”
- Securely store your check for 90 days after your deposit, and then properly destroy it. This allows sufficient time in case the original check is required for any reason.
- There are no fees for Quest customers to use Mobile Banking or Mobile Deposit. Please check with your wireless provider about carrier and web access charges.
Contact Quest's Member Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 785-233-5556 or 800-432-2470.
You must first enroll in Online Banking and download the Mobile App to access this service. Online Banking enrollment not available through Mobile App. Once enrolled, the same Online ID and passcode can be used to access both Online and Mobile Banking. Deposits are subject to verification and not available for immediate withdrawal. Restrictions apply. Must be Quest member for 90 days, exceptions may apply. Click the “More” button in the App, select “Help” and then “Mobile Check Deposit” for details, including information on funds availability, deposit limits and proper disposal of checks, and to see the full terms and conditions. The Online Banking Service Agreement link opens a new window for more information about both Mobile and Online Banking. Wireless carrier fees may apply. Alerts received as text messages on your mobile access device may incur a charge from your mobile access service provider. Mobile App alerts are not available on select devices. Requires at least a 2-megapixel camera. This feature is not available on the website. Not currently available on all Android devices, nor Amazon® Kindle Fire™, Blackberry® or Palm® devices. Android is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. iPhone & iPad are trademarks of Apple.